By Dr. Philip Anderson, HBSC, DDS
Think you might be clenching or grinding your teeth? Here are seven signs to watch out for:
1) Your teeth have become noticeably flatter, particularly those visible when you smile.
2) Yellow or darker shade lines have started to appear on your lower teeth.
3) Divots or holes can now be seen on your molars. (Open wide and take a look in the mirror to double check!)
4) You are experiencing regular headaches or migraines.
5) You have frequent jaw joint or muscle aches.
6) You are suffering from increased or new dental sensitivity.
7) Your spouse reports hearing you grind at night.
If these signs apply to you, check out these four lifestyle changes that you can make to severely reduce grinding and clenching, and improve your overall quality of life in the process.