Dress up a simple white fish with a touch of curry and a lot of veggies!
- 2 tsp green Thai curry paste
- 1 lemongrass stalk, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup organic coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup eggplant, chopped into cubes
- 3 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄ 4 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 orange pepper, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet corn, shaved from the cob
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable stock
- 4 drops liquid amino acids, or a pinch of Himalayan or Celtic salt
- 2 pieces white fish (haddock, monkfish, red snapper, or flounder), chopped into bite-sized pieces
- Handful of chopped fresh coriander
1. Fry the curry paste and lemongrass in the coconut milk until the mixture is thick and ver y aromatic. Add the eggplant, lime leaves, garlic, and ginger. Cover and simmer, but do not overcook.
2. Add the peppers and sweet corn, and cook for a few minutes.
3. Add the stock a little at a time, keeping the thicknes s of the curry.
4. Add the amino acids or salt.
5. Simmer for a while, then place the fish on top, cover, and steam until cooked.
6. Sprinkle with coriander and serve.
Recipe by Elizabeth Peyton-Jone Cook Yourself Young cookbook
For more recipes from her cookbook, click here!