We’re all about staying true to our veggies’ natural flavours. To keep them fresh, tasty, and easy to eat, Cook Yourself Young author Elizabeth Peyton-Jones slices them and rolls them up!
150 g coconut flesh, chopped
1 medium eggplant
1 medium zucchini
1 tbsp sesame seeds
1 tbsp black poppy seeds
1 tbsp pine nuts
2 tsp olive oil
1 tsp lime juice
1 tsp mixed chopped parsley and basil leaves
1 sheet of nori seaweed
- Blitz the coconut in a food processor until ground.
- Slice the eggplant into long thin strips, about 5 mm thick, using a mandolin or a very sharp knife.
- Using a vegetable peeler, slice the courgette lengthways into ribbons.
- Mix the seeds, pine nuts, and coconut together with the olive oil, lime juice, and herbs.
- Cook the eggplant and courgette by dry-frying them on a hot griddle. Don’t overcook them; they should remain firm.
- Put a courgette slice on a board, place an eggplant slice on top, then put some coconut mixture in the middle and roll.
- Cut a strip from a nori sheet, wet it, and wrap around the roll to hold together.
- Repeat to make more rolls, then serve immediately.
LOOKING FOR MORE RECIPES FROM COOK YOURSELF YOUNG? CHECK OUR LATEST ISSUE FROM INSIDE FITNESS WOMEN WITH JENNIFER VAN BARNEVELD-PE ON THE COVER!