Recipes And Photos Provided By Whole Foods Market
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Protein: 32 g
Carbs: 51 g
Fat: 8 g
3/4 lb lean ground grass-fed beef
4 tsp salt-free Cajun or Creole seasoning, divided
1 cup chopped yellow onion
1 cup thinly sliced celery
1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and thinly sliced
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
1 15-oz can no salt added kidney beans, rinsed and drained
1 20-oz bag frozen brown rice, prepared according to package directions
1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
1. In a large skillet, cook beef with 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning over medium-high heat until browned, about 10 minutes.
2. Add onion, celery, pepper, jalapeño, and 1 1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning and cook until tender, six to eight minutes.
3. Add broth, stir to scrape up any browned bits, and cook until thickened, two to three minutes.
4. Stir in beans and cook until heated through.
5. Meanwhile, toss warmed rice with remaining one teaspoon Cajun seasoning.
6. Stir parsley into beef and bean mixture and spoon over rice.