Recipes And Photos By Sonja And Alex Overhiser
Perfect Pizza Dough
(Makes 1 pizza)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp instant yeast
1/4 tbsp olive oil
A pinch of kosher salt
2/3 cup warm water
A pinch of cornmeal
1. Combine ingredients in a stand mixer, saving a little water.
2. Stir until loose dough forms. If it’s too dry, add extra water; if it’s too sticky, add a pinch of flour.
3. Start the mixer low, gradually increasing to medium speed until a ball forms, about 30 seconds, then allow it to knead for eight minutes at me – dium-high.
4. Using floured hands, mould dough into a boule-shape. Set on a floured surface and dab with a little olive oil.
5. Cover with a damp towel and leave to rise, about 45 minutes to one hour.
6. After the dough has risen, shape it into a circle. Drape the dough over your knuckles and rotate, allowing gravity to stretch it.
So Cal Pizza
Nutritional Information (per slice)
Protein: 10 g
Carbs: 29 g
Fat: 9 g
(Makes 8 slices)
1 pizza dough
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 red pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 yellow pepper, thinly sliced
1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
8-10 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
15-oz can fire-roasted or San Marzano crushed tomatoes
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
4 oz soft goat cheese
1. Prepare the pizza dough. Place a pizza stone in the oven and preheat to 500°F, then prepare the toppings.
2. When the oven is ready, stretch the dough into a circle.
3. Pull the pizza stone from the oven and carefully place the dough on it. Quickly assemble the pizza.
4. Spread a thin layer of tomatoes onto the dough, then sprinkle with garlic.
5. Top with mozzarella cheese then add peppers, onions, and goat cheese.
6. Scoop the avocado into small pieces onto the pizza. Sprinkle with kosher salt.
7. Transfer the pizza to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted, about seven minutes.
8. Cool slightly, then garnish with basil and serve.