Recipes And Photos Provided By Whole Foods Market
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Protein: 17 g
Carbs: 32 g
Fat: 4 g
1 medium onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
4 cups low-sodium chicken broth or homemade turkey broth
4 cups water
4 fresh thyme sprigs
1 bunch kale, thick stems removed and leaves thinly sliced
2 cups whole-wheat elbow macaroni
2 cups cubed or shredded cooked turkey breast
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1. Heat a large, nonstick saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion, carrots, celery, and garlic and cook for six to seven minutes, or until vegetables are tender and beginning to brown, stirring occasionally.
3. Mix in broth, water, and thyme, and bring to a boil.
4. Add kale and macaroni and return to a boil. Cook about five minutes or until macaroni is al dente.
5. Stir in turkey and pepper and cook for two to three minutes longer, or until turkey is heated through.
6. Remove thyme sprigs before serving.