Before you swear off chips, consider trading in the potato for kale and butternut squash!
CHEESY KALE CHIPS
- 1⁄2 bunch kale, washed, thoroughly dried, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes
1. Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
2. Toss the kale in the coconut oil and yeast flakes until well coated.
3. Spread out onto a baking sheet and bake for 15–20 minutes, turning over every so often, until the chips are crisp and golden at the edges.
4. Store in an airtight container for up to three days.
BUTTERNUT SQUASH CRISPS
- 1⁄2 cup butternut squash, peeled
- 1 tsp coconut oil, melted
- Pinch of cinnamon
- Pinch of mineral salt
1. Preheat the oven to 275ºF.
2. Line a large baking sheet with parchment and set aside.
3. Slice the squash very finely with a knife or a mandolin, and toss with the oil, cinnamon, and salt to coat.
4. Spread the slices evenly out on the baking sheet, being careful not to overlap them, and bake in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes, turning halfway through, until crisp and golden.