Enjoy this sweet and savoury homemade hummus any day of the week as a side dip or sandwich spread, courtesy of Almond Breeze.
Nutritional Information (per serving)
Protein: 4 g
Carbs: 14 g
Fat: 9 g
1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped (about 2 cups)
3 shallots, peeled and halved
4 cloves garlic, peeled
1/3 cup olive oil
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
1 can chickpeas, drained
1/2 cup Almond Breeze® Sweetened Vanilla Original
1/4 cup tahini
1/4 tsp each paprika and ground cumin
Carrot and celery sticks
Whole grain crackers
1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Toss together sweet potato, shallots, garlic, 2 tbsp of olive oil, and 1/4 tsp each salt and pepper.
3. Spread on baking sheet and bake in oven for 20 to 30 minutes until tender. Cool.
4. In food processor, purée sweet potatoes, shallots, garlic, chickpeas, almond milk, tahini, remaining olive oil, remaining salt and pepper, paprika, and cumin until smooth.
5. Sprinkle with extra paprika before serving if desired.
6. Serve with carrots, celery sticks, and whole grain crackers.
Note: Nutrition information doesn’t include vegetables and crackers.